ISTQB® Certified Tester AI Testing (CT-AI)
GASQ has been offering the A4Q AI & ST (Artificial Intelligence and Software Testing) certification as part of its portfolio. An ISTQB® Working Group used the A4Q AI and ST syllabus as one of the key building blocks for development of the new ISTQB® CT-AI product. With increasing demand for skills in AI Testing, this new certification will support both individual career success and organizations seeking to leverage the benefits of AI.
- Anyone involved in testing AI-based systems and/or AI for testing including testers, test analysts, data analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers and software developers.
- Anyone who wants a basic understanding of testing AI-based systems and/or AI for testing, such as project managers, quality managers, software development managers, business analysts, operations team members, IT directors and management consultants.
Business Objectives for ISTQB® CT-AI
- Understand the current state and expected trends of AI.
- Experience the implementation and testing of a ML model and recognize where testers can best influence its quality.
- Understand the challenges associated with testing AI-Based systems, such as their self-learning capabilities, bias, ethics, complexity, non-determinism, transparency and explainability.
- Contribute to the test strategy for an AI-Based system.
- Design and execute test cases for AI-based systems.
- Recognize the special requirements for the test infrastructure to support the testing of AI-based systems.
- Understand how AI can be used to support software testing.
Training and Exam Preparation
- Syllabus (11 chapters), glossary and sample exams are available for self-study
- Training providers will be offering training courses with 25.1 hours of instruction
- Training providers seeking to licence materials can use the accredited ISTQB® CT-AI materials available from A4Q (contact us for more information).
- The exam consists of 40 multiple choice questions (47 points available so a minimum of 31 points are required to pass)
- Exam duration is 60 minutes (75 minutes for non-native speakers)
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level is a pre-requisite
Sunset Dates for Existing A4Q AI & ST and Grandfathering
- The existing A4Q AI & ST course and exam will continue to be available until 30th September 2022.
- Anyone who has an A4Q AI & ST certificate is grandfathered onto the ISTQB® CT-AI certification.