RSTQB published an official translation into Russian,
On February 10th RSTQB published an official translation into Russian of the syllabus Foundation Level Mobile Application Testing.
The Foundation Level Mobile Application Testing qualification is aimed at people who have already achieved a Foundation point in their careers in software testing and wish to develop further their expertise in Mobile Application Testing.
Certified Mobile Application Testers who have passed the Foundation Level “Certified Mobile Application Testing” exam should be able to accomplish the following Business Objectives:
- Understand and review business and technology drivers for mobile apps in order to create a test strategy
- Identify and understand the key challenges, risks and expectations associated with testing a mobile application
- Apply test types and levels specific to mobile applications.
- Apply common test types, such as those mentioned in ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level syllabus 2018, in the mobile specific context.
- Carry out the activities required specifically for mobile application testing as part of the main activities of the ISTQB® test process.
- Identify and use suitable environments and appropriate tools for mobile application testing.
- Understand methods and tools specifically to support mobile application test automation.
Certified Mobile Application Testers should be able to demonstrate their skills in the following areas:
- Describe how available mobile analytics data can be used as input for the test strategy and the test plan.
- Distinguish between various business models for mobile applications.
- Recall different types of mobile devices.
- Distinguish between different types of mobile applications.
- Distinguish between general architecture types of mobile applications.
- Apply characteristics and specifics of the mobile market in preparing a test strategy.
- Give examples of the challenges associated with testing mobile applications.
- Describe how risks specific to mobile applications may be mitigated.
- Describe device-specific features and hardware which should be considered for testing.
- Prepare tests for the app's compatibility with screen sizes, aspect ratio, and screen density.
- Describe how tests can show the potential effects of device overheating on the system under test.
- Recall different test types for testing of the various input sensors used in mobile devices.
- Recall tests to be run for various input methods.
- Describe how tests can reveal user interface issues when changing screen orientation.
- Prepare tests for an app using typical mobile device interrupts.
- Prepare tests for changing the access permissions to the device features requested by the app.
- Prepare tests to verify the impact of an app on a device’s power consumption and the impact of its power state on the app.
- Prepare tests for the handling of notifications by the system under test.
- Describe how tests can verify correct functionality of quick-access links.
- Prepare tests for the impact on an app of the user preference settings provided by an operating system.
- Distinguish between different tests required for native, web and hybrid applications.
- Recall tests required for apps which are available on multiple platforms or operating system versions.
- Recall tests required for co-existence and interoperability with other apps.
- Summarize the tests for connectivity testing, including those across networks, when using Bluetooth and when switching to flight mode.
- Prepare installability tests for mobile apps.
- Prepare stress tests for mobile apps.
- Give examples of security issues related to mobile apps.
- Recall time and resource behavior considerations for mobile apps.
- Prepare usability tests for mobile apps.
- Recognize the type of tests required for database testing of mobile apps.
- Summarize the tests required for internationalization (globalization) and localization testing of mobile apps.
- Summarize the need for accessibility testing in mobile application testing.
- Describe the additional test levels, such as field testing, and the associated extra activities required for effective mobile application testing.
- Describe the tests required for carrying out application store approval for publishing apps.
- Recall session-based test management, personas, and mnemonics in the context of exploratory mobile testing.
- Describe the usage of tours and heuristics as exploratory techniques for mobile application testing.
- Make use of a mobile specific tour (such as the Feature tour) to test a mobile app.
- Match the test process, as described in ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level syllabus, to the needs of mobile application testing.
- Describe the approaches to testing at each test level, specific to mobile application testing.
- Recall the development environments used for mobile application development.
- Recall some of the common tools supplied as part of application development platforms.
- Understand the differences between emulators and simulators.
- Describe the use of emulators and simulators for mobile application testing.
- Distinguish between various approaches to set up a test lab.
- Distinguish between common automation approaches and frameworks for mobile application testing.
- Describe various automation methods for testing mobile apps.
- Recall the various parameters to be considered during the evaluation of mobile testing automation tools.
- Distinguish between common approaches of creating test labs with advantages and disadvantages with respect to test automation.
The Mobile Application Testing is based on the Mobile Application Testing Syllabus
The International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB®) provides it to the national examination bodies for them to accredit the training providers and to derive examination questions in their local language.
Training providers will produce courseware and determine appropriate teaching methods for accreditation, and the syllabus will help candidates in their preparation for the examination.
To receive the Mobile Application Testing certification, candidates must hold the Foundation Certificate.
The Mobile Application Testing Syllabus is available for in Materials for download section.